VISIT THEIR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
HURRICANE DORIAN RELIEF AND RECOVER CLEAN WATER FOR COSTA RICA 2.0imagine...
• walking a half mile or more to a chocolate-colored river or a slow trickle of a spring to carry enough water back for every cup of water you use during one day, then doing that every day of your life.
• carrying dirty laundry down the steep hill to wash it in the river, then carrying the 5-gallon bucket of heavy wet clothes back up the hill on your head.
• catching rainwater for household use, then not having it during the dry seasons
• having a hand-dug shallow well for surface water that dries up and is easily contaminated with debris and agro-chemicals used on pineapple and orange crops
• knowing the water you and your children are drinking is the primary cause of diarrhea, Hepatitis A, and skin rashes
The Rotary Foundation Global Grant can change this picture! With a community-installed water system, 130 families (650+ children and adults) in Las Banderas de Pocosol will have clean, affordable and sustainable water flowing from a deep well into a tank with a chlorination system on top of a tower and gravity-fed through 5km of buried pipes to water meters at every house. Local governance ensures funds from water fees cover operations and maintenance as well as funds for infrastructure upgrades in the future. Clean Water for Costa Rica 2.0 is In collaboration with Las Banderas, Agua Viva Serves, Inc. and the co-sponsoring Rotary Clubs of San Jose Noreste, Costa Rica, and Ithaca, NY, USA.